This decade has been the year we have witnessed a great bunch of thought leaders. These leaders have been experts, philanthropists, orators, politicians, and even social media influencers. They have been able to convince an overwhelming fraction of a planet that they must follow them. You think about leaders like Elon Musk, Gary V, Neil Patel as soon as you read it. The underlying reason for this has to be the fact that these are the people we have closely witnessed growing. Another fundamental reason why they are what they are has to be the fact that they are not just people, they are brands. Such brands are called personal brands. The biggest example of this has to be the Kardashians. The Keeping Up with the Kardashians isn’t the only reason the family has been earning, but it, however, is the primary reason they are earning. The Kardashians have launched a number of product lines, the biggest one being Kylie Cosmetics and the reason it was a success is that it could make anyone look like Kylie Jenner, even Kylie herself. In this article we are going to guide you on “how to become a personal brand”:
Guide on Basics of Personal Branding
- Find Yourself: The first and the most important step to becoming a brand and feel like one, you must have a rudimentary understanding of who you are. Every one definitely undergoes change and so would your brand, if necessary. However, to find yourself you need to position yourself in a way that your personality is injected in it. The set of values you have built for yourself are going to be the fundamental principles on which your brand is going to be built. This will help you find your niche on social media platforms.
- Find Your Audience: After you have found what you like, the next step to building a brand is finding who likes what you like. This will become your audience. If your niche is a unique one, then maybe you should try harvesting demand by promoting yourself.
- Recite your story: Your story is not just yours; it is your brand’s too now. Your story is your selling point. Don’t tell it, recite it; recite it like it is poetry and your Shakespeare.
- Consistent Efforts: The truth about growing on social media lies in being consistent. Your consistency will guarantee your growth.
- Don’t be afraid of failures: It is going to be a long journey and you will only have a chance to say it was long when you reach the other side when you have to tell everyone how you reached where you did. Do not let your failures stop you from becoming successful.
- Be an opinion leader: Your thoughts may or may not resonate with the ones on Social Media. Your thoughts are yours; and you must give them the time and space to become strong opinions.
- Create an Impact: Creating an impact means to bring about change in the things you see is wrong. Creating a positive image works the best with building a brand, but being a positive person works the best with your personal well-being. You will only treat your audience about how you treat yourself.
- Don’t jump on trends, set them: Do not be too quick in jumping onto conclusions. Use your influence and background to build something. Do not be too quick in jumping on trends; it only makes you one in the crowd. Don’t shy away from starting your own trend, do what you do best.
- Plan and Strategize: Personal Branding may seem all fun and games until you see yourself not growing organically. This may be because of the lack of planning and strategizing. You need to build a plan and strategize accordingly. This plan must be stable and feasible. Improvising, collaboration, and engagement are the key to your growth.
- Live your Brand: The easiest way to understand this is to reflect what you believe. Speak about things that matter and things that you enjoy. People will follow you not because your brand has enough followers, but because it is a plot which is always being developed due to the human attached to it. Your audience will always want to know more.
To conclude, personal branding is not as difficult as it seems, all you need is to be true to yourself. Be consistent, make efforts, and don’t shy away from displaying your true self. Remember “the way to the top of the world is through it”, so when you start off, you might not be where you want to be but you are still a step closer.
Write to us in the comment section..
Thanks for reading our blog!
Now that you have come so far, read a few more lines to know a bit more about us 🙂
Sparsh Garg Pvt Ltd is one of the best digital marketing companies, providing a range of Digital Marketing and Business Consultancy Services. Recently, we at SG Pvt Ltd launched our own Digital Marketing Courses. At our new branch – SG Courses; we will provide live online classes, helping people develop their digital marketing skills using a modern approach towards education. The Sparsh Garg Pvt Limited is hands down the best digital marketing company there is, especially if you want to reach out to the youth today!